Tuesday 14 February 2012

Je t'aime

Today is February 14th, the official day of love -Valentines Day.  I unfortunately am married to someone who does not 'believe' in Valentines Day (although as far as I was aware, there was no opt out for a day that clearly does exist).  

Anyway, starved of attention, flowers and chocolate, I have allowed myself to drift off to the City of Love, where every day is a day of love, Paris.


But I am not just wandering around aimlessly in my favourite city. Oh no, I am a woman on a mission so I have transported myself to my favourite place in Paris.  Merci. 

Merci is the most incredible shop located in a former fabric factory on the edge of The Marais District.  It is the most remarkable space spanning 16,ooo sq. foot and was founded by Marie-France and Bernard Cohen, founders of Bonpoint clothing.  It is essentially a charity shop with all of its profits (after production costs) going to a homeless charity in Madagascar called Accueil des Sans-abri. Furniture, clothing, and other pieces for the home are all donated by designers like YSL, Stella McCartney, Azzaro, Alexis Mabille and Marni. Merci sells pretty much everything and anything- an assortment of the eclectic and unexpected.  It is a 4-story haven, featuring a flower store, a used book shop, a perfume bar, designer clothing, a children’s boutique, a fabric shop, cafe and more. 











Merci Merci.  I feel much better now.

Merci is located at 111 Boulevard Beaumarchais, Paris 75003.

No comments:

Post a Comment